Happy Sunday Fun Day!
I just prepped this little ditty and I can't decide if I am going pour this over my roast my broccoli tonight or smother some roasted, smashed potatoes with it. Oh, and homemade french fries would be ridiculously good too...
...Corn on the cob... chicken... vegetables... What endless Summer grilling possibilities!
Lemon and Herbes de Provence Summer Grilling Seasoning
1 handful of fresh parsley leaves
1 lemon's zest
1/2 tsp dried Herbes de Provence (thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon, lavender)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 small garlic cloves minced
3 heaping tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread on pretty much anything your Summery heart desires.
I can't wait to eat this tonight!!! And don't you just love that marble trivet? Birthday present love - Find it here.
- Each #SettheTable2017 post begins with a featured recipe(s) + upcoming week's game plan followed by a picture diary of http://themullies.blogspot.com/2017/04/set-table-2017-week-17.html. I sign off every post with a handy reference list of my favorite foodie articles.
- #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad). C'est la vie, I selfy-ishly light it UP in pics and videos to keep truckin!
- New to this series? Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer.
- My two go to's for meal planning organization (the grocery list app features are rad): 1. Jamie Oliver online recipes or his Ultimate Recipes App (J) 2. Sarah Britton - My New Roots Blog or Naturally Nourished Cookbook or her RecipeApp (S)
Week 18's Game Plan:
I'm setting the table in CANADA this week! I am just thrilled to participate in the Eating Heritage Festival - Slow Food National Summit in Moncton, New Brunswick!!! (Holy cow, I'll be right next to Nova Scotia)!
What's on my festival plate?
- School Food Lunch & Panel Moderator - Wednesday, 12:30pm Marché Moncton Market "School food is good food? We think it should be! Let's share a lunch together and listen to a panel of local food heroes talk about their school food successes and challenges".
- Kids Flavour Tent Coordinator - Saturday - TBA - Let's get tasting! I'll be leading kids in food tastings and talking about their mouth watering sensory experiences!
I'll be documenting my trip on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter - I can't WAIT to share my Eating Heritage Festival experiences with YOU next week!
Wrap it UP with last week's family table action:
Here's an easy throw-together organic chicken-in-milk meal:
6 assorted chicken thighs & breasts
rice milk (enough to almost cover the chicken)
lemon zest & fresh juice
sea salt & pepper
Just throw it all in a shallow dutch oven. Cover it and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Boom. The sauce is crazy good.
Open face sloppy joes! And I totally pigged out on leftovers:)
The kids got home as I was taking a picture. They were so annoyed at me for making them wait. My girlfriend Terri suggested after school snack platters to me last year and I haven't been making them. The kids were so happy I did! Last week's platter really inspired me to keep it up! Whatever they didn't finish off, I added to our dinner spread.
I diced up the leftover chicken in milk, and mixed it into some fresh pasta. So good!
To the Mullies we go...
My Top 7 #SettheTable2017 Topics:
- "Why We Need To Be Weirdos To Be Healthy" (My goal: 80% weird. Daily reality = 20-100%)
- How to Cook With Oils
- Buy Antibiotic Free and Know the Source of Your Family's Meat
- The EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen produce guidelines helps you save money + reduce the pesticides and herbicides (Antibiotics harmful to our gut microbiome + mycobiome) at home.
- Avoid artificial colors and preservatives to keep your gut-brain happy + healthy
- Why, When and How to Eat Wheat
- 50 Years Ago, the Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists to Point Blame at Fat